- Press the performance monitor button.
- Plume will appear.
- Measure the plume and compare it with the maker’s reading at the time of radar installation.
- Note down the plume difference, EBL and visual bearing difference, radar status in radar log book.
How to confirm radar is working when no target around?
Change radar range to minimum, if own ship echo display around the PPI centre then radar is working properly.
- What is Radar?
- What factors affect maximum range of RADAR?
- What are unwanted echoes and signals appear on Radar screen?
- What are errors of/in Radar ?
- Where Radar antenna be placed / kept onboard?
- Why S-band radar is suitable for long range detection than X – band radar?
- How Radar is set up for operation /What are method of setting up a Radar?
- How to check/calculate efficiency of Radar?
- What are controls of RADAR?
- What are IMO Performance Standard for RADAR?
- What are Operational checks in Radar?