- What type of tubes used in Air comp cooler?
- Spring type
- U type
- fixed type
- The water from discharge side of the centrifugal pump is supplied as sealing water to the stuffing box for the pump shaft at:
- Sealing ring
- Shaft sleeve
- Lantern ring
- Neck bush
- Which of the following would be the correct way(s) of using a torque wrench?
- Application of jerk pulls while tightening
- Using an extension
- Tightening beyond the characteristic clicking sound
- None of the above
4. Chromium is a nobler metal when compared to that of steel. In some marine applications Chromium is electroplated to the steel surfaces. Why?
- Chromium is a more noble metal so it will not get corroded and thus steel surfaces will remain protected
- Chromium plating provides corrosion protection as well as high glossiness and high hardness for better wear resistance and reduced friction to the steel surfaces
- Chromium plating is required for providing high glossiness and high hardness for better wear resistance and reduced friction to the steel surfaces and not for corrosion protection
- Chromium reacts with steel to form an alloy during electroplating which is corrosion resistant
5. Correct method of greasing a centrifugal pump bearing is:
- To pump the grease until you feel high back pressure on the Grease pump
- To pump the grease for 3-4 pumping strokes of Grease pump for each bearing
- To pump the grease when the pump is stopped and drain any old grease at the same time by opening the drain plug, giving only 3-4 pumping strokes on Grease pump for each bearing. the drain plug should then be replaced
- To pump the grease when the pump is running and drain any old grease at the same time by opening the drain plug, until all the old grease is removed and new grease starts coming out of the drain, repeating same for each bearing. the drain plug should then be replaced
6. Centrifugal pumps cannot handle air and require priming. But you are aware that centrifugal which on the same principal can handle air very well. Which two properties of air are responsible because of which the centrifugal pumps cannot handle air:-
A. Fluidity only
B. Density only
C. Both fluidity and density
7. Pump driven clutch type attached vacuum pumps are commonly used for priming ballast pumps and emergency fire pumps. What is the factor which clutches the vacuum pump clutch to the pump clutch during start of the pump?
A. Low suction pressure acting against the spring loaded clutching piston
B. High suction pressure acting against the spring loaded clutching piston
C. Low discharge pressure acting against the spring loaded clutching piston
D. High discharge pressure acting against the spring loaded clutching piston
8. It is given that engine room bilge pump has suction manifold on which 3 valves are located. One valve for the 3 engine room bilge wells suction, another one for Bilge tank suction and the third one is for sea water suction. It is found that the Bilge pump is unable to take suction from any of the bilge wells, but is able to take suction efficiently from Bilge tank. What is the most probable cause?
A. Pump suction filter cover gasket leaking
B. Suction filter cover gasket of one of the Bilge wells is leaking
C. Bilge well suction pipeline leaking between individual bilge well valves and suction manifold valve
D. Bilge pump suction pipeline leaking between the manifold and the pump
9. Increasing the rotational speed of a cargo pump the pump flow rate will:
A. Increase in direct proportion to the increase in speed
B. Decrease in direct proportion to the increase in speed
C. Flow rate doesn’t???t depend upon speed
10. It has been reported that Engine room bilge pump was unable to take suction from Fwd. (P) bilge well while it taking suction efficiently from Fwd.(S) & aft bilge wells. What could be the most probable cause?
A. There is leakage in the bilge suction pipeline somewhere between the bilge wells and bilge pump
B. The Fwd. (P) bilge well suction valve might be leaking
C. The Fwd. (P) bilge well suction filter cover gasket might be leaking
D. The pump needs to be overhauled
11. Which of the following is a correct point for sampling of system lube oil for on board or shore analysis?
B. Purifier outlets
C. Inlet or outlet of L. O. coolers
D. Tank drains
12. Which type of valve is not rotating type….
a) gate v/v
- Emergency steering testing
- At least 3 month
- Before arrival n departure
14. Rudder is locked at an angle & can be moved by manual change——–
A. Follow up
B. Non follow up
15. MECHANICAL SEALS ARE NOT USED IN….
A. LIQIUD LINE
B. LIQUID WITH VAPOUR LINE
C. LIQUID WITH DIRT LINE
D. ALL OF THE ABOVE
16. When securing a centrifugal distillate pump, which of the listed steps should be carried out FIRST?
A. Stop the pump.
B. Close the pressure gage valves.
C. Trip the three-way solenoid valve.
D. Close the sealing line valves to the pump.
17. Which of the following valves cannot prevent backflow of liquid in a pipeline?
A. Gate valve
B. Globe Check Valve
C. Swing Check Valve
D. Angle check valve
18. After your overhaul a centrifugal pump is not rotating what may be the possible cause:
a. Uneven tightening of casing bolts
b.Gasket thickness very thin
c.More wear ring clearance
e. a and b
f. a and c
19. Pump driven clutch type attached vacuum pumps are commonly used for priming ballast pumps and emergency fire pump. What is the factor which de-clutches the vacuum pump from the pump clutch?
A. Low suction pressure acting against the spring loaded declutching piston
B. High suction pressure acting against the spring loaded declutching piston
C. Low discharge pressure acting against the spring loaded declutching piston
D. High discharge pressure acting against the spring loaded declutching piston
20. The main disadvantages of a reciprocating pump over a Gear pump is that:
- gear pump is self priming while a reciprocating pump is not
- Discharge of a gear pump is not affected by the direction of rotation while that of reciprocating pump is reversed
- The discharge of reciprocating pump is pulsating and discharge rate is lesser
- Reciprocating pumps are only available in high capacities and for smaller capacities only gear pumps can be used
Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice while you
amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website?
The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your
broadcast provided bright clear idea