Auxiliary engine cylinder liner overhaul interval:
Liner inner diameter should be checked after 8000-10000 running hours and after 16000-20000 running hours, it should be taken out, cleaned and checked.
- Make sure the all stand by auxiliary engines are ready
- Read the manual and have a tool box meeting with everyone involved in the job. Discuss the complete procedure.
- Prepare important tools and spares required for overhauling liner as given in the manual
- Prepare risk assessment and make sure all personal safety equipment are used
- Go through the previous records/manual for clearance and adjustments
- Put the display card “MEN AT WORK”, “DON’T START” at lub oil pump and auxiliary engine breaker.
- Close air bottle valve to auxiliary engine and engine start and stop valve
- See that the turning bar is not in the flywheel and should be in place
- Open the indicator cocks.
- Close lube oil, fuel oil, fresh water inlet/outlet valve, drain the cooling water line and remove connections
- When drawing out the cylinder liner, cover the crankshaft with a sheet or the like to prevent water and foreign matters from entering the crankcase.
Remove the cylinder liner according the following procedures:
- Attach the exclusive tools in the ascending order of numerals shown in figure below.(This is for a particular Yanmar Engine)
|S. No.||EXCLUSIVE TOOLS DESCRIPTION|
|2||Liner drawing-out upper implement|
|6||Liner drawing-out lower implement|
FIG.: Cylinder Liner Drawing Out Procedure
Note: Attach the aforementioned upper implement 2 and the lower implement 6 so that their respective stepped parts face the inner diameter side of the cylinder liner and the lower implement 6 in the direction of the crankshaft.
- Adjust the length of protrusion from the lower part of the drawing-out bolt 3 to about 60mm, and lock the drawing-out bolt 3 with the lock nut 8 .
- While supporting the cylinder liner to prevent it from making contact with the cylinder, tighten the nut 5 .
- Fit the cylinder liner in the stepped part on the lower side of the upper implement 2 , and lock the cylinder liner with the drawing-out tools.
- Attach a wire rope to the upper implement 2 , and lift the cylinder liner.