- Helm hard over on the side which the man has fallen.
- Release lifebuoy with smoke signal.
- Press GPS MOB button.
- Sound emergency alarm.
- Main engines for immediate manoeuvring.
- Inform master.
- Post lookouts.
- Sound emergency signal “O” on fog signal. Broadcast by VHF to all vessels in the vicinity. Hoist ICS flag “O”.
- Turn out rescue boat- muster crew and standby.
- Continuous monitoring of vessels position on chart.
- Rescue the man overboard and put the person in Thermal protective Aid (TPA) to avoid extra body heat loss.
- Start the first aid as required.
- Update weather reports.
- Log book entries.
In other words, We can Summarize Actions as follow :-
Each ship should have a contingency plan in the event that someone falls overboard. The plan should take into account the particular characteristics of the ship, the life-saving equipment available and the size of the crew.
The action taken if the bridge watchkeeping officer observes someone falling from the main deck into the sea. This would include:
Pls published what are the actions to take during these types of emergencies from the engine department……. thanks very much, may God bless you all