International Safety Management (ISM) Code means the International Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention as adopted by the Assembly, as may be amended by the Organization.
What is Structure of ISM code?
- Definitions of various terms used in the code.
- Part A talks about the implementation of the code.
- Part B talks about certification and verification.
- There is an appendix that gives out the forms for DOC, SMC, and Interim DOC and SMC.
What is the Objectives of ISM code ?
- Ensure safety at sea.
- Prevention of human injury or loss of life.
- Avoidance of damage to the environment, in particular to the marine environment and property.