- The hydraulic test period for all types of fire extinguishers and propellant bottles is 5 years.
- Hydraulic testing must be carried out by an accredited service agent or test facility.
- Following the hydraulic testing, a thorough inspection and internal examination must be carried out prior to recharging.
- The test pressure and test date must be marked clearly on each extinguisher. Note: ‘hard-stamping’ is only acceptable for CO2 extinguishers and propellant bottles.
- Test certificates or test records must be provided and retained on board for inspection.