Errors Of Interpretation
- Ignoring over scale of display
- Uncritical acceptance of own ship position
- Ignoring difference between True & Gyro North
Confusion Between Different Type Of
- Display mode
- Reference system
Errors In Displayed Data
- Source Error : An electronic chart can be as good as the original data it was derived from.
- Object Size Error : The items on the chart are not drawn to scale
- Position shift : There will be position shift shown between GPS and actual position on the chart if the GPS and the chart are using different datum’s.
- Reference Shift or Mismatch : A difference in the matching during superimposing of the two displays .