- Water ingress usually results from 3 sources:
- Leaking hatch covers
- Back-flow through bilge systems
- Ballast tanks, including impact damage on structures, leaking manhole lids and in-adequate monitoring.
- Additional water sources:
- Moisture from loading cargo that is wet or comes with a high moisture content
- Condensation or “sweating” that can come from a lack of ventilation or incorrect ventilation.
Effective measures should be taken to monitor and test these particular areas of concern and defects must be identified and rectified as soon as possible.
Leave a Comment