Follow the “Crude Oil Washing Operations and Equipment Manual” and check the items below whenperforming the crude oil washing.
- Before starting the crude oil washing work, confirm that the concentration of oxygen in the tank is below 8% by volume.
- Measure the oxygen concentration in the tank at any of the positions mentioned below from an adequately safe distance from the inert gas intake.
- At a height of 1 meter below the deck and at the centre of the void space below deck.
- At the measurement height required by terminal regulations
- Confirm that the inert gas system is working correctly.
- The oxygen concentration at the inert gas floor exist should be maintained at less than 5% by volume except during temporary fluctuations such as low loads or load fluctuations of the boiler. (If the concentration exceeds 5% by volume, immediately investigate the cause and adopt the necessary measures.Maintain the pressure in the tank at more than +1.961 kPa (+200 mmAq) during the crude oil washing work.)
- Carry out pressurize tests for the COW line and check for abnormalities before entering port.
- Check the items related to equipment and method of implementing the COW work.
- The equipment and method mentioned below should be thoroughly understood before performing COW work.