Launching procedure of life boat:
- Two persons go inside the Life Boat and passes the end of toggle painter and plugs the drain.
- Check all lines and falls are clear of Life Boat.
- Make fast the other end of toggle painter on a strong point forward of the ship.
- Remove forward and aft gripes and secure tricing pendant, both person stand by for passing bowsing tackle.
- Remove harbour safety pin.
- Make sure the ship’s side is free of everything, no water or garbage is there.
- Now, one person lift’s the Deadman’s handle slowly which releases the brake.
- The boat along with cradle sides downward till it comes to the embarkation deck. Do not let the falls over run because tricing pendants are not strong enough to carry the weight of the boat.
- By pulling bowsing tackle, bring it alongside the embarkation deck.
- Crew embark inside the boat.
- Now, tricing pendant is removed and the whole load comes on falls.
- Boat is further lowered with Deadman’s handle.
- Get the lifeboat away from the ship, rescue any survivor in the water.
IMO LIFEBOAT LAUNCHING POSTER