Lights of life jacket shall :
- have a luminous intensity of not less than 0.75 cd in all directions of the upper hemisphere;
- have a source of energy capable of providing a luminous intensity of 0.75 cd for a period of at least 8 hours;
- be visible over as great a segment of the upper hemisphere as is practicable when attached to a lifejacket; be of white color.
If the light referred above is a flashing light it shall, in addition:
- be provided with a manually operated switch; and
- flash at a rate of not less than 50 flashes and not more than 70 flashes per min with an effective luminous intensity of at least 0.75 cd.