- The foam supply rate shall be not less than the larger of the following values:
- 6 liter/min./m2 of the protected area of the cargo tank, computed as the product of the maximum breadth by the length of the cargo zone
- 6 liter/min./m2 of the maximum horizontal section of an individual tank
- 3 liter/min./m2 of the area protected by the largest monitor, entirely forward of it, but not less than 1250 l/min.
- The distance from the foam monitor to the extreme point of
- the protected area shall not be > 75% of the monitor ranger.
- Forward of the poop deck or of the superstructure, 2 foam monitors shall be installed, one at each side, oriented to the cargo area.