Process of classification –
- Builder submits plans for approval to owner specified class
- Plans for approval as per class rules
- A surveyor is in attendance during construction to inspect materials and workmanship.(based on approved plans and rules)
- Upon satisfactory completion of surveys and sea trials, a certificate of class(hull and machinery), is issued and kept on board.(upon approval by Classification Committee)
- Particulars of ship entered in class register and one or more character symbols assigned to it.