- A Whenever possible, conduct ballast water exchange at least 200 nautical miles from the nearest land and in water atleast 200 metres deep, taking into account the IMO Guidelines:
- “In cases where the ship is unable to conduct ballast water exchange as above, this should be as far from the nearest land as possible, and in all cases at least 50 nautical miles from the nearest land and in water at least 200 metres in depth.
- When these requirements cannot be met areas may be designated where ships can conduct ballast water exchange.
- All ships shall remove and dispose of sediments from spaces designated to carry ballast water in accordance with the provisions of the ships’ Ballast Water Management Plan (Regulation B-4). “
- What Is Ballast Water Management( BWM) Convention?
- What is Ballast Water Management Plan?
- What are regulations for Ballast Water Exchange(BWE) to take place?
- Which ships BWM ( ballast water management) Convention is applicable to?