Interim DOC is issued to facilitate:
- When the company is newly established.
- New ship types are to be added to the existing DOC.
An interim DOC is issued for a period of 12months. Within this timeframe the company has to bring all plans and procedures in full force onboard the new types of vessels.
A copy of the interim DOC is to be carried onboard. This copy does not need to be authenticated or certified.
How /when interim SMC is issued?
Interim SMC is issued:
- To new ships on delivery.
- When a company takes on the responsibility for the operation of a ship which is new to the company.
- When a ship changes its flag.
Interim SMC is issued for a period of 6months. Under special circumstances, this can be further extended to a max of 6 more months from the date of expiry.