SOLAS requirements for all types of fire extinguisher onboard:
- All of approved type and design capacity of portable extinguisher not more than 13.5 liters and not less than 9 liters.
- Spare charges for 100 % of extinguishers.
- Portable foam applicator consists of an air foam nozzle of an inductor type capable of being connected to the fire main by a fire hose and a portable tank of at least 20 liters.
- Foam making liquid and one spare tank.
- Rate of foam 1.5 m3 / minute.
- One of the portable fire extinguishers intended for use in any space to be stowed outside the entrance.