- It always shows true north.
- The gyro will have a number of repeaters.
- Gyro input can be fed to RADAR/ARPA/AUTO PILOT/ Echo Sounder.
- Does not use earth’s magnetic field for reference.
- It will not deflected by any external force such as magnet, iron etc.
- It is run with electrically, so when electricity fails gyro also fails.
- If the axle was out by more than 20 degree, then It might take 5 to 6 hrs to settle down but if its only 1 degree out, then it takes about 1/2 hr to settle down.
- When gyro compass stops for any reason , it will take some time to settle. depends on where the axle was when gyro was started.
- What is Gyro Compass?
- What are types of error of Gyro Compass?
- What are advantages and disadvantages of Gyro Compass?
- Where Gyro Compass should be placed / kept onboard?
- What are Operational checks in gyro Compass?
- What are Alarms in gyro compass?
- How to start and stop gyro compass?
- Action in case of gyro failure / compass failure
- How Gryo compass is started?
- How to Remove bubbles from magnetic compass ?
- Which type type of liquid used/ added in magnetic compass?