- To provide guidance to the Master and Crew on board the vessel with respect to the proper stowage and securing of cargo units.
- Arrangements and Cargo Securing Devices provided on board the ship for the correct application to and the securing of cargo units.
Requirements of cargo securing manual :
Required in accordance with the 1994 Amendments to the International Convention for the Safety Of Life At Sea, 1974(SOLAS) VI/5,6 and VII/5,6.
- The Information and Requirements set forth in this manual are consistent with the requirements of the :
- Vessel’s Trim and Stability Booklet
- International Load Line Certificate(1966)
- Hull Strength Loading Manual (if provided)
- International Maritime Dangerous Goods
- (IMDG) Code