Each lifejackets light shall :
- Have a luminous intensity of not less than 0.75 candela.
- Have a source of energy capable of providing a luminous intensity of 0.75 candela for a period of 8 hrs.
- Be visible over as great a segment of the upper hemisphere as a practicable when attached to a life jacket.
- Be provided with a manually operated switch.
- Not be fitted with a lens or curved reflector to concentrate the beam.
- Flash at a rate of not less than 50 flashes per minute with an effective luminous intensity of at least 0.75 candela.