- At least two electronic bearing lines (EBLs) should be provided to measure the bearing of any point object within the operational display area, with a maximum system error of 1° at the periphery of the display.
- The EBLs should be capable of measurement relative to the ships heading and relative to true north. There should be a clear indication of the bearing reference (i.e. true or relative).
- It should be possible to move the EBL origin from the consistent common reference point to any point within the operational display area and to reset the EBL to the consistent common reference point by a fast and simple action.
- It should be possible to fix the EBL origin or to move the EBL origin at the velocity of own ship.
- Means should be provided to ensure that the user is able to position the EBL smoothly in either direction, with an incremental adjustment adequate to maintain the system measurement accuracy requirements.
- Each active EBL should have a numerical readout with a resolution adequate to maintain the system measurement accuracy requirements.
DISPLAY MODE OF THE RADAR PICTURE
- A True Motion display mode should be provided. The automatic reset of own ship may be initiated by its position on the display, or time related, or both. Where the reset is selected to occur at least on every scan or equivalent, this should be equivalent to True Motion with a fixed origin (in practice equivalent to the previous relative motion mode).
- North Up and Course Up orientation modes should be provided. Head Up may be provided when the display mode is equivalent to True Motion with a fixed origin (in practice equivalent to the previous relative motion Head Up mode).
- What is radar and its principle in detail?
- What factors affect maximum range of RADAR?
- What are unwanted echoes and signals appear on Radar screen?
- What are errors of/in Radar ?
- Where Radar antenna be placed / kept onboard?
- Why S-band radar is suitable for long range detection than X – band radar?
- How Radar is set up for operation /What are method of setting up a Radar?
- How to check/calculate efficiency of Radar?
- What are controls of RADAR?