The measures required include:
- Safe working places and environment
- Safe plant ,machinery and equipment
- Health and safety training, instruction, supervision and information
- Protective clothing
- A health and safety policy
- Assesment of risks
- Information for workers(risk assessment)
- Health sureillance of workers
- Appointment of a competent person to assist with the implementation of te regulations
- Consulation with their workers or elected representatives on health and safety.
- Duties of the company
- “the company” in addition to its duties as an employer, is required to:
- Provide information about tempory workers
- Consult other employers onboard about the health and safety of workers
- Co-ordinate health and safety measures between all the employers onboard
- Provide information to workers about the ship safety system
- Appoint a safety officer
- Organise the election of safety representative and safety committee(where applicable)
You may also know importance:
The code is intended to give guidance as to how the statutory obligation should be fulfilled.
However, the guidance should never be regarded as superseding or amending regulations .