- Following booklet must be available onboard:-
- APPROVED TRIM & STABILITY INFORMATION
- FIRE CONTROL PLANS
- LOADING MANUAL
- LOADING INSTRUMENT
- STEERING GEAR ENTRIES REQUIRED BY SOLAS/FLAG
- DAMAGE STABILITY
- ESP DOCUMENT
- STATUTORY CERTIFICATES
- DAMAGE CONTROL PLANS
- MANOEUVRING BOOKLET
- Confirmation of availability of trim and stability booklet approved by administration. (IRS Rules, Part 3, Ch.1, Cl. 1.4)Verification of proper posting of fire control plans (including duplicate sets permanently stored in a prominently marked weather tight enclosures outside deckhouse).
- Verified that vessel has an approved Loading Manual. (IRS Rules, Part 3,Ch. 5,Cl.1.3)
- Availability of an approved loading instrument together with itsoperational manual and verification of test cases. (IRS Rules, Part 3,Ch. 5, Cl. 1.3)
- Verification of entries made in the ship’s log for departure Steering checks & Emergency Steering drills.
- Availability of damage stability information. (Cargo vessel> 80 m length after 10/07/08 and length > 100 m from 01/02/1992)
- Availability of ESP documents on board
- Valid Statutory certificates available on board.
- Verification that damage control plans are available
(Applicable to all passenger vessels and for cargo vessels greater than 500 GT and constructed on or after 1st Feb 1992)
Confirming that the manoeuring booklet is on board and the manoeuring information is displayed on the navigation bridge.
- CARGO SECURING MANUAL
- THE SHIP STRUCTURE ACCESS MANUAL
- CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS MAINTAINED ON BOARD
- CARGO SHIPS EXCEPT TANKERS
- LOADING/UNLOADING BOOKLET
- EMERGENCY TOWING PROCEDURES
- CLASS CERTIFICATE
- FIRE DOORS AND CONTROLS
- ANCHORING & MOORING EQUIPMENT
- WEATHER DECK
Confirmation of availability of approved cargo securing manual.
Examining the Ship Structure Access Manual of bulk carriers of 20,000GT and over. (Constructed on or after 1st Jan. 2006)
Confirming that structural alterations performed, if any, have been approved by the classification society and reported on the as-built drawings kept on board (constructed on or after 1st Jan. 2007)
Confirming, as far as practicable, that no changes have been made in thestructural fire protection, examining any manual and automatic fire doors and proving their operation, testing the means of closing the main inlets and outlets of all ventilation systems and testing the means of stopping power ventilation systems from outside the space served Confirming, for bulk carriers, that the loading/unloading booklet required in SOLAS regulation VI/7 is on board Confirming, for bulk carriers with restrictions imposed with respect to the carriage of cargoes with a density of 1,780 kg/m3 above, that a triangle is permanently marked at Midship Confirm that ship specific emergency towing procedures available on board.
Confirmation that the Class annual/Intermediate/renewal* survey completed satisfactorily and Class Certificate endorsed/interim certificate issued* on …………………………………………………… (Please put proprietary date in remark only).
Operation of manual/automatic fire doors, no holding back arrangements exist
Anchoring equipment & mooring equipment