- Control could be lost due to excessive weight on the cable, thereby resulting in loss of anchor and cable making the vessel unseaworthy.
- Care should also be taken to not allow the full cable to run out under weight or to allow the cable to pile up which can result in developing kink or twist in the cable.
- Possibility of serious damage or injury. Loose gear that may become wedged in the chain pipes or come flying out.
- Possibility of damaging the anchor, if it hits any hard surface at the sea bed.
- Possibility of fire and great damage to the windlass system in trying to stop the momentum of the chain.
TO UNDERSTAND BETTER, PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO