Two types of liquid used in magnetic compass:
- Mixture of distilled water and ethyl alcohol , Two part of distilled water and one parts of ethyl alcohol providing a fluid with low viscosity and small coefficient of expansion.
- Distilled water will reduce evaporation in worm tropical climate.
- Alcohol will reduce frizzing point of mixture in cold weather.
- Oily liquid
- Provided additional flotation for card.
- Lubricate the pivot.
- Reduce motion on the card.
- How to Remove bubbles from magnetic compass ?
- What is Gyro Compass?
- How Gryo compass is started?
- What are advantages and disadvantages of Gyro Compass?
- What are Alarms in gyro compass?