From 1 July 2004, SOLAS Chapter XI-1, regulation 5 requires all passenger ships and cargo ships of 500 gross tonnage and above engaged on international voyages and Self Propelled Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU) to have on board a Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR). A ship’s CSR file comprises:
- All CSR documents (Form 1) issued by the ship’s Administration(s), numbered sequentially over the life of the ship;
- All amendment forms (Form 2) attached to each individual CSR document relating to changes made to that CSR document; and
- All indices of amendments (Form 3) listing all amendments (specified by amendment forms) relating to each CSR document and attached to Form 1 above.
- What is CSR (Continuous Synopsis Record) ?
- What are the CSR (Continuous Synopsis Record) Document?
- What are the Actions taken by masters when receiving a revised and updated CSR (Continuous Synopsis Record) document ?
- What are the Actions in case of loss of, or damage to, any document in a ships CSR (Continuous Synopsis Record) file?