Removal of a clamped cylinder liner :
Should a cylinder liner clamp in the cylinder jacket bore, we should proceed as follows:
- Place two supporting beams on both sides of the piston rod gland bore in the cylinder jacket. Thereby the bigger end of the supporting beams must point towards the fuel side.
- Place both hydraulic jacks divided on the supporting beams under the cylinder liner.
- Connect hydraulic jacks with High Pressure hoses and connection piece to High Pressure oil pump.
- Close the relief valve at the HP oil pump, and jack out the cylinder liner of its guide portion by slowly pumping.
- Pull cylinder liner fully out by the crane according.
Fig.: Removal of a clamped cylinder liner