Limitation of draught to which a ship may load contributes to her “Safety” significantly.
- Limit in the freeboard of the ship
- External weather tight and water integrity design of the ship
- Principal of reserve buoyancy
- Adequate stability for the vessel
- Avoidance of excessive stress on the ship hull
- Potential hazards present in different zones and seasons.
You may also know –
Contents of the Load line Convention
- There are 3 Annexes in LL Convention 1966
- Annex 1- divided into 4 parts
- Chapter I- General
- Chapter II- conditions of assignment of freeboard
- Chapter III- Freeboards
- Chapter IV- Special requirements for assigned timber freeboards