SOLAS requirements for Portable fire fighting equipments on board:
- Min capacity of powder and CO2 is 5kg.
- Min capacity of foam is 9l.
- Max mass of all portable not to exceed 23kg and shall have a fire fighting capacity of a 9l liquid extinguisher.
- Accommodation spaces, service spaces and control stations to be provided with PFE.
- 1000GRT + must have at least 5 PFE.
- Extinguisher intended to be used in a space must be near its entrance.
- Co2 not to be placed in accommodation spaces.
- Spare charges to be available for 100% of the first 10 and 50% of the remaining. Max spare charges to be 60. Same stats for non rechargeable.