Purpose of ship security plan –
- Prepare the ship before entering areas prone to piracy, armed robbery and terrorist attacks.
- To identify the location on ship as per high/ medium / low risk areas.
- To take necessary action when the threat is detected.
- To take ncessary action when the raiders have boarded the ship
- To necessary actions after the attack.
ONBOARD LOCATIONS PRONE TO ATTACK:
- HIGH RISK AREA : Ship’s bows and sunken deck
- MEDIUM RISK AREA : On sides from focsle to Midships & near L/boats.
- LOW RISK AREA : On sides from midship to front of