GA plan depicts the division and arrangement of the ship:
- Side View.
- Plan Views of most important Decks.
The views and sections display:
- Division into compartments (tanks, engine room, holds)
- Location of bulkheads
- Location and arrangement of superstructure
- Parts of the equipment (winches, loading gear, bow thruster, life boats).
Basic data included in the GA Plan:
- Dimensions (Length, Breadth, Draft)
- Volumes of the holds (Cargo Capacity Grain & Bale)
- Engine power
- Speed (Service Speed)
You may also know about capacity plan –
The capacity plan shows a longitudinal and transverse profile of the vessel, and diagrams of loadlines as well as the principal particulars, such as:
- Gross tonnage; net register tonnage;
- Deadweight capacity on winter, summer and tropical loadline;
- Deadweight and displacement scale on varying draught; this scale also shows the moment to change trim 1 cm and the TPC for each draught;
- A diagram with measurements of winter, summer, tropical and fresh water loadlines with a diagram of the position of the deck line; this is usually placed alongside the deadweight and displacement scale so that the deadweight or displacement can be found for any loadline at a glance;
- Grain and bale capacity of all cargo spaces in cubic feet or cubic metres and the position of the centre of gravity of the space; bale capacity of all cargo spaces in cubic feet or cubic metres;
- Capacity in cubic metres and tonnes of double bottom tanks, peak tanks, deep tanks and fuel tanks and the positions of the centre of gravity of these spaces ;
- Capacity of all stores and refrigerating chambers.