- In ground stabilization mode true motion display of Radar is used & the Course & Speed is fed from GPS, hence the fixed objects on the PPI remain stationary.
- The movement of all moving objects is their movement over ground (COG & SOG).
- It is used for collision avoidance with fixed objects.
- In sea stabilization mode relative motion display of radar is used & the Course is from Gyro course and speed is from log speed. Hence the fixed objects on the PPI appear to have a course & speed equal to the reverse course& speed of own vessel.
- The movement of own vessel, fixed object & moving object is their movement through the water.
- This is ideal for collision avoidance action.
- What is Radar?
- What are IMO Performance Standard for RADAR?
- What is Ramark ?
- What is Radar beacon?