What is Criteria for issue of Interim SMC?
- DOC or Interim DOC is relevant to the ship.
- SMS concludes the key elements of ISM and has been approved in the DOC or the Interim DOC.
- The company has planned to audit the ship within 3months.
- Master and officers are familiar with the SMS and its planned implementation.
- Instructions identified as being essential have been provided prior to sailing.
- Information on SMS has been given in the working language and understood by all onboard.
Non-conformity means an observed situation where objective evidence indicates the non-fulfillment of a specified requirement. The SMS should include procedures for reporting. They should be investigated and analyzed to improve safety and pollution prevention. There should be provisions for the implementation of a corrective action.