CONTENGENCY PLAN FOR PIRACY ATTACK
When the vessel is plying in the piracy prone area , the following procedures shall be followed:-
- Anti – Piracy Watch maintained.
a) Bridge watch keepers to be vigilant.
b)Visual as well as Radar watch to be maintained at all times.
c) From sunset to sunrise post extra lookout at stern with continuous patrols linked to bridge by walkie- talkie.
- Seal off means of access to accomodation.
- Provide adequate lighting . Patrols to carry flashlights with them.
- Fire hoses with constant supply of water to be rigged at stern of the vessel.
- All crew members to know of the secured area in case pirates board the vessel, (BRIDGE).
- Instruct crew of the security plan.
- Access to accomodation to be via Bridge.
You may also know –
FOLLOW UP ACTIONS & RESPONSE TO ACTUAL ATTACK:
- Transmit Piracy Alert message consisting of ;
- Vessel name, call sign/Inmarsat10 (+ocean region code)Mayday.
- Vessel position.
- Nature of event.
- Avoid violence ,only actin self – defence.
- All muster at the secured area and remain mustered until the danger is over.
- Continous contact ( communication ) with E/R via portable walkie- talkie.
- Check for any loss or damage and notify the company and local port authorities in the following format: