As we know that the Fire Control Plan is a mandatory requirement for ships under SOLAS chapter II and regulation 15.
Fire control plan should show clearly the following item’s number Location with representation as per IMO Symbols .
- Control stations on each deck
- The sections of the ship which are enclosed by fire resisting Bulkheads
- Particulars of fire detection and fire alarms system
- The sprinkler installation (fixed fire fighting system)
- Location of Fire Extinguishing appliance
- Location and number of Fireman’s out fit on ship.
- Location and number of EEBD on ship.
- Ventilations closing arrangement
- Ventilation fan / oil fuel Pumps / fire Pumps controls (outside E/R)
- QCV remote operation position
- Primary and secondary Escape routes from E/R and Accommodation
- Location of International shore connections
- location and number of Fire Hydrants / Hoses location
- Ships particulars
- location and number of Fire pumps .
- Spaces protected by fixed fire fighting system Co2/ Dry powder / Foam/ water
- Location of fixed Co2/ Foam / Dry powder installation
- Any other fire fighting equipment with specific application