Following are the markings and lebeling on dangerous goods
- UN Number
- Proper Shipping Name (PSN)
- Hazard Labels (diamond shaped) to indicate class/ division – primary & if necessary, secondary labels
- Each package (drum, cylinder, sack) must be labeled in a specified format & sizes
- Risk phrase & Safety phrase
- UN Package Specification Marking
- Name & address of the manufacturer, importer, etc.
These labels have the type of hazard class written on them.
The method of marking the correct technical name and of affixing labels on packages containing a harmful substance shall be such that this information will still be identifiable on packages surviving atleast 3 months immersion in the sea.