Following checks and maintenances must be carried in the lifeboat:
- The engine should be trial out weekly.
- Check the quantity of fuel.
- Propulsion has to be checked both fwd and astern side.
- Mechanical linkage and electrical equipment of launching gear are checked including lubrication.
- Cleaning of limit switch of davit.
- According to SOLAS weekly the life boat will be lower upto embarkation ladder and all davit mechanism is inspected and checked.
- Winch type hand operated brake will go static and dynamic test.
- Life boat should be launched once in 3 month and go for round in order to ensure proper functioning of life boat.