As per Regulation Ballast Water Exchange Standard:
- Ships performing Ballast Water exchange in accordance with this regulation shall do so with an efficiency of at least 95 percent volumetric exchange of Ballast Water.
- For ships exchanging Ballast Water by the pumping-through method, pumping through three times the volume of each Ballast Water tank shall be considered to meet the standard described in paragraph 1. Pumping through less than three times the volume may be accepted provided the ship can demonstrate that at least 95 percent volumetric exchange is met.
- What Is Ballast Water Management( BWM) Convention?
- What is Ballast Water Management Plan?
- What are regulations for Ballast Water Exchange(BWE) to take place?
- Which ships BWM ( ballast water management) Convention is applicable to?
- What is responsibilities of Port state control in Ballast water managements(BWM)?