The Master is responsible for:
– Ensuring that a hot work plan is prepared and submitted to the office.
– Ensuring that all necessary preparations have been made and precautions taken
– Hot Work Permit properly issued in accordance with these procedures.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for:
– Preparing a hot work plan along with the Chief Officer.
– Preparation of the work site and the implementation of required safety precautions, required prior submitting the Hot Work Permit for approval by the Master.
You may also know –
No hot work may be carried out in any part of the ship whilst at a tanker terminal, without the express permission of the terminal manager or the loading master.
In most ports, local regulations prohibit or restrict Hot Work onboard vessels whilst the vessel is within port limits. Prior to undertaking any Hot Work within a port, the Master must confirm the local requirements, and obtain permission from the relevant Port Authorities.