Following are regulation regarding reception facility MARPOL 73/78.
Regulation 12: Reception Facilities
- Reception facilities shall be provided in:
- All ports and terminals where crude oil is loaded on tankers which have previously completed a ballast voyage of not more than 72 hours.
- All ports and terminals where crude is loaded at an average of more than 1000 metric tons/day.
- All ports having a ship repair yard or tank cleaning facilities.
- All ports and terminals which handle ships provided with sludge tanks.
All Loading ports for bulk and combination carriers in respect to oil residues which cannot be discharged.