Following are regulations regarding discharge of noxious liquid substance-
- The discharge into the sea of substances in Category A is prohibited.
- The discharge into the sea of substances in Category B and C is prohibited except when all the following conditions are satisfied
- The ship is proceeding en route at a speed of at least 7 knots
- The procedures and arrangements for discharge are approved by the Administration
- The maximum quantity of cargo discharged from each tank shall in no case exceed the greater of 1 m or 1/3000 of he tank capacity in m
- The discharge is made below the waterline
- The discharge is made at a distance of not less than 12 nautical miles from the nearest land
- Ventilation procedures approved by the Administration may be used.