- Servicing of inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets and inflated rescue boats.
- Every inflatable liferaft and inflatable life-jackets and inflatable rescue boat shall be serviced
- At intervals not exceeding 12 months. However, in case where it appears proper and reasonable the Central Government may extend this period of 17 months ;
- At an approved servicing station which is competent to service them maintains proper servicing facilities, spare parts and uses only properly trained personnel
Points to pounder :
- All repairs and maintenance of inflated rescue boats shall be carried out in accordance with the manufacturer instructions. Emergency repairs may be carried out on board the ship; however permanent repairs shall be effected at an approved servicing station.