- All lifeboats, except free-fall lifeboats, shall be turned out from their stowed position, without any persons onboard if weather and sea conditions so allow.
- Inspection of the life-saving appliances, including lifeboat equipment, shall be carried out monthly using the checklist required to ensure that they are complete and in good order. A report of the inspection shall be entered in the log-book.
- Servicing of inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, and marine evacuation systems, and maintenance and repair of inflated rescue boats
- Every inflatable liferaft, inflatable lifejacket, and marine evacuation system shall be serviced:
- at intervals not exceeding 12 months, provided where in any case this is impracticable, the Administration may extend this period to 17 months; and
- at an approved servicing station which is competent to service them, maintains proper servicing facilities and uses only properly trained personnel.
- Rotational deployment of marine evacuation systems
In addition to or in conjunction with the servicing intervals of marine evacuation systems required, each marine evacuation system should be deployed from the ship on a rotational basis at intervals to be agreed by the Administration provided that each system is to be deployed at least once every six years.