Maintenance and Care
- The EEBD should be examined and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The ship’s periodic safety appliance and equipment inspection and testing procedures should be modified to incorporate the inspection of EEBD.
- Maintenance requirements, manufacturer’s trademark and serial number, shelf life with accompanying manufacture date and name of approving authority should be printed on each EEBD.
- EEBD, which have exceeded their service life as indicated by the manufacturer, should be discarded. Any unusable or damaged EEBD should be promptly disposed of in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
- Liberia does not require periodic hydrostatic testing for EEBD cylinders.
- Ships with ten or less EEBDs on board shall carry at least one spare devices.
Ships with 11 to 20 EEBDs on board shall carry at least two spare devices.
Ships with more than 20 EEBDs on board shall carry spares equal to at least 10% of the total EEBDs but no more than 4 spares will be required.