As per (SOLAS Reg. II-2/18)
Paint lockers and flammable liquid lockers shall be protected by an appropriate fire-extinguishing arrangement approved by the Administration.
Paint lockers and flammable liquid lockers of deck area 4m2 and more shall be provided with a fire-extinguishing system enabling the crew to extinguish a fire without entering the space.
Fixed arrangements as specified below
- CO2 – system, designed for 40% of the gross volume of the space.
- Dry-powder-system, designed for at least 0,5 kg powder/m3.
- Water spraying system, designed for 5 l/m2, minimum.
- Water spraying systems may be connected to the ship’s main system.
- Other systems than those mentioned above may be accepted.
- For lockers of deck area less than 4 m2 CO2 or dry-powder fire extinguisher(s) may be accepted.