- Ships with ten or less EEBDs on board shall carry at least one spare devices.
- Ships with 11 to 20 EEBDs on board shall carry at least two spare devices.
- Ships with more than 20 EEBDs on board shall carry spares equal to at least 10% of the total EEBDs but no more than 4 spares will be required.
You may also know about maintenance of EEBD :
- The EEBD should be examined and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The ship’s periodic safety appliance and equipment inspection and testing procedures should be modified to incorporate the inspection of EEBD.
- Maintenance requirements, manufacturer’s trademark and serial number, shelf life with accompanying manufacture date and name of approving authority should be printed on each EEBD.
- EEBD, which have exceeded their service life as indicated by the manufacturer, should be discarded. Any unusable or damaged EEBD should be promptly disposed of in accordance with manufacturers instructions.
- Liberia does not require periodic hydrostatic testing for EEBD cylinders.