Method of Extinguishing Fire:
- Starvation: Removing or Limiting fuel
- Smothering: Removing or Limiting Oxygen (Air)
- Cooling: Limiting or Decreasing Heat/Temperature.
- Inhibition: Stopping/Breaking chemical reaction which is building up heat and rise in temperature (Exothermic Reaction).
Fire extinguishing agents are:
- Cooling: water
- Smothering: foam, carbon Dioxide, sand, fire blanket
- Flame inhibators: dry chemical Powder (mono-ammonium phosphate), Halon
All fire fighting systems are used to either:
- Remove Heat
- Remove Oxygen
- Remove fuel or
- CHAINBREAK-stop the chemical reaction