Inspection of a P/V valve is to include the following:-
Ensure gauge glass intact, clean and level visible (If fitted).
- Check correct liquid used and the level is maintained for the density of liquid used.
- If freezing conditions are expected, check the liquid used is suitable for low temperature use, if necessary anti-freeze is to be added.
You may also know about deck seal :
- Opening of the unit for internal inspection.
- Checks for blockages and condition in the venturis of semi-dry type seals.
- Checks for corrosion or cracks in the inlet pipe and housing.
- Checks for corrosion of the heating coils.
- Checks for corrosion or damage to any of the internal parts of the seal or of the casing.
- Inspection of Filters/Demisters.