Following are checks carried at sea:
- Power supply
- All reefer containers shall be monitored by checking physically at least Twice daily (if weather permits).
- Cooling water supply maintained in case of water cooled machinery.
- Brine pipes to be tested to ensure they are not chocked and that no leaks occur at the joints.
- Brine traps to be checked, tested and refilled.
- Thermometers to be in position,
- Ventilator plugs in position and tightly wedged.
- Any alarms displayed on the digital indicator to be monitored and recorded accordingly.
- Any abnormal noise or vibration from the refrigerating equipment should be monitored and inform MASTER / Chief Officer.
All monitored data for each reefer container on board shall be entered in a reefer monitoring log and retained for 3 years.