Maintenance of secondary batteries or lead acid batteries:
- Don’t leave battery discharge for long time or battery will become more difficult to charge due to lead sulphate deposit on plate.
- Avoid over discharging below 21 volts for 24 volts battery.
- Specific gravity of each cell to be maintained.
- Large variation between cells usually mean that one or more cell no longer retain a charge.
- Loose or corroded/ dirty terminates will cause the load current to drop.
- Don’t overcharge or over discharge.
- Don’t charge at very high or very low rate.