Recovery of a life boat in heavy weather
- Secure a wire pendant to an accessible point on the davit arm.
- Care to be taken and ensure that all the materials used are of sufficient strength to accept the weight of a fully laden boat.
- The boat falls should be retrieved at deck level and the nylon strop shackle to the linkage of the floating block
Method of hoisting of life boat:
- Lower the falls to the boat
- Attach the nylon strop to the lifting hook on the fore and aft of the boat
- Lift the boat off the water and attach the hanging off pendant on top of the nylon strop on the lifting hook
- This will transfer the weight off the nylon stop on to the hanging off wire pendant
Transfering of Weight
- This can be only achieved if the hanging off pendant is long enough to reach the lifting hook when the floating blocks are hard up at the davit head
- Once this is achieved either cut the strop at the hook or unshackle at the other end.